Thursday, January 22, 2009

Seem's 5

 Although I respect Wil's opinion, I'm going to have to disagree.  I don't think 2009 will be that huge for many sneaker companies. After all, nothing can return to the legacy that was Jordan Brand retro years 2001-2003 or Nike SB 2003-2005. Sometimes you have to question, how far can JB get along with re-retros with lack of quality and "new twist on classics" (Fusions? True Flights? TRUNNER Q4s!?!?) and Nike SB with some horrid colorways. And the hype. Oh, that motherf'n hype. But I wouldn't consider myself completely pessimistic, I really do have hope in my heart that my passion for kicks is re-ignited! And you know not everything is so bad this year. Nonetheless, this is my 5:
5. 90's Skater Boy Nike SB

Best SB colorway so far(Other than Twin Peaks, which will not, REPEAT, will not be mentioned here).  They made having colors you would normally wear for Halloween respectable in the least. Been spottin' them since leaking in 08. Way too underrated in my opinion, but then again, who likes attracting hype to anything anymore?

4. Air Yeezy

I remember being in Gonz's house watching The Grammys wondering, "Jacket sick. Sneakers...Ultra SICK!" Definition of hype. Thats why these are 4.

3. Infrared 1's


One of the only 1 retros that has not disappointed(and GOD there are many that disappoint). This kick combines the Air Jordan 1 with a legendary Nike staple, the Infrared colorway. Now all we need is some cement print thrown on to make this the ultimate Nike staple shoe. The only bad thing about these is that they remind me of the Bred 1's I was not able to get last year. Sniff, sniff. 

2. Air Griffey Max 1


Something I agree with on Dubya's post. Depending on the economical status, I will be waiting for these Varsity Royal's (with the big green Max Air bubbles!!). If not, I'll just pick up the black ones and be less happier. Who cares, Vote For Griffey!!

Funny thing is folks, I wasn't prepared for a number 1.  But umm..


If this pack exists, I'll take em'!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment